Links to Pages on the Blog

Wednesday, 23 October 2013

What's On Your Workdesk? Wed 229

Hi Everyone, it has been a while since I took time out to WOYWW. Life seems to have been so busy in a good way. I started an online Digital Art course which I am really enjoying. It is pushing me to work more on my photography and editing skills in PSE so taking lots of time to concentrate on that and the whole learning curve that comes with it.

I made this yesterday flipping and blending the original photo which can be seen below. Using overlays and grunge edges to create a different softer look for the photo then scrapped it simply to complete. 
Credits to Kim Klassen for overlays and Daisytrail for the Digikit Birds
The little bird is a visitor to our garden x
Spent a little time die-cutting, punching, embossing and inking in preparation for some card making. The tree was a free die that came with issue 115 - Simply Cards and paper craft, it is really pretty and delicate, also went through my Vagabond fine x 
Half term week also finds me helping Jordan with homework and yesterday we all went to the cinema to see 'Escape Plan' with Stallone and Schwarzenegger which we did enjoy. 

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I have been doing and if you fancy visiting some other desks than hop on over to Julia's and you will find links to many more around the world. Have a great week everyone x






18 comments:

jill said...

I love seeing images of our garden birds. How sweet your cards is. Happy woyww Jill #39

Regina Hamilton said...

That card is stunning. I can't wait to see what you create with all those die cuts. Thanks for stopping by. Happy crafting #4

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Heather, beautiful digi layout, love the effect you've achieved. That tree die is gorgeous and I love those windows too - looking forward to seeing the cards. Thanks for your visit, have a lovely week. MMx #36

Karen Busby said...

Love the sound of that course...right up my street! Love what you've done so far. Love the card making stuff too. Happy WOYWW. Good to see you on here.
Love Karen no.58 xxx

Debs Willis said...

Hi Heather, lovely digital image, you must be really enjoying your course!
Thanks for stopping by
Debs #81

Horace House-of-Bears said...

What a lovely picture, it looks like a really great course, and fun too. Thanks for visiting us already.

Katie D said...

That is lovely!!

Happy woyww!

Katie (97)
http://adventuremonkeys.blogspot.com/2013/10/woyww-quilting.html

Roberta B said...

Oh wow I love the dainty little bits and the cage! So need to do something like that in a few books. Thanks for stopping in. Roberta 96

Danie May said...

Heather your course sounds great and I just love both your original photo of the little bird and your edited one, the colors and softness of it are fabulous as is your simple scrapbooking for it. Loving the wonderful cut outs for your card making too. Have a great week and Happy WOYWW! Danie #25

Neet said...

That's a lovely card with the bird on, they make great subjects don't they.
I have that tree and had forgotten about it, now you have said it works easily and is pretty I must find it. LOL
Thanks for visiting me yesterday - sorry I am a bit behind. Hugs, Neet 24 xx

BJ said...

Love what you have done with the bird photo, probably a female house sparrow or a female chaffinch.
As for the free die, how come you managed it fine, I had so much trouble between it not cutting that well then refusing to come out of the die no matter what I tried. What is your secret, or did I get a duff one?
Thanks for the visit this week BJ#26

Eliza said...

Amazing cards but that bundle of die cuts, wow fun to be had using them.

Happy WOYWW
Eliza & Yoda 13

Gibby Frogett said...

That's such a great photo Heather - and of course I love your Lo.
I'm very intrigued to see what you make with those lovely die cuts and hope you'll let us see when your projects completed... Gill xxx

Heather Alger said...

Hi BJ, I found if I used a piece of cardboard, like a shim (extra layer) and rolled it once the a reverse roll, it worked well. I did find it worked well on up to 200gsm card but not so well on anything much thicker. I did have to use my little pokey tool to work it loose though x

Caro said...

Gorgeous photo and I love what you have done with it. The bits and pieces on your desk look fab! Thanks for sharing. Happy belated WOYWW. Caro x (#74)

Karen Ives said...

That is so lovely, how clever.
Thank you for visiting.
Karen #54

The Taming of the Glue said...

Love what you've done with the photo. Serif is great for that sort of thing, just wish mine wouldn't crash sometimes half way through a project! Hugs. Pam#38

butlersabroad said...

Love the digital card, it's very pretty. That type of crafting is a whole different ball game, great results though. Like the die cuts, we don't get any freebies with the US magazines unfortunately.

Hugs
Brenda 1