Links to Pages on the Blog

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

WOYWW - Wednesday 218

Welcome if you are visiting here via Stamping Ground Blogspot
If you wish to find out more about WOYWW hosted by Julia x 
please check them out and join in the fun.

Hi Everyone, 
My crafting and hobbies have been in tune with nature this last couple of weeks with beautiful weather gardening, photography and lots of walks with our dog Poppy.

We have had an abundance of  Butterflies and Bees on the lavender in our front garden. You could hear a Happy Buzz as they were collecting the pollen, I took  these photos this morning.
I also spent a little time harvesting a small crop of lavender I had hung to dry just over two weeks ago. 
 
 
* The next project will be to make a lavender bag, I have some ribbon and material so looking forward to making that.

Last week we visited Whipsnade Zoo I was really excited to get these shots as the bear had run towards the waters edge and then they were in cooling down within seconds x
I digitally scrapped this page yesterday, using my Projection kit.

Have a Great week everyone, I am hoping to go blackberry picking this weekend with Rob and Jordan, the hedgerows are full where we live and they are starting to plump up and ripen now.
Heather x



18 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I have a large thyme bush and it is Covered with bees at the moment...I love to see them working away so busily. Your photos are fab and I can smell the lavender from here :-)
Hugs, LLJ 57 xx

House of Bears said...

Hello there, no surprise but we love your LO of the bears. We've not been to Whipsnade, we're scared they'll capture us and not let us home. Thanks for your visit to us already.

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Heather - I can almost smell that lavender mmmmm. Great LO, how lucky to get such great shots! Thanks for your visit, have a great week. MMx #65

Roberta B said...

Hello, Im Roberta 106, Im on my 2nd week of this and looking at every ones goodies has really got me doing things.. to much But your lavender looks great. this is my first year for it. my son has mowed mine down a few times or something always happens. I hope to get a small batch of it. Have a great day!

Regina Hamilton said...

Love the layouts and the nature photos. Happy crafting #1

kattera22 said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog, also my mom would be so jealous of your lavender, she can't get hers to grow, and mine is still a tiny plant.
-Tera #104

susibee said...

Your photos are super and lucky you having lavender:)

Happy WOYWW. Susi #63

BJ said...

Oh I love the hum of the bees visiting. They come to our cotoneaster each Spring, loads of different one too, brown, orange, yellow, stripy and not, I love them all and the butterflies too - sigh. Super Lavender harvest there and your scrap page is a corker. Thanks for visiting me this week BJ#85

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your page! I'm keeping my eye on the blackberries too! Hope they don't all ripen while we are away! Thanks for your visit and advice, Chris114

Cazzy said...

Happy WOYWW Heather!

Thanks for popping over to mine and commenting.
I have been photographing the same butterflies and bees on my lavender, but like the birds the more interesting butterflies seem to be on turbo power and zoom through the garden so I get an interesting glimpse, before sailing over the fence or hedge! I did capture a gatekeeper butterfly the other day.

Cazzy x #100

VonnyK said...

Love your photos. Those bears have the right idea. I remember going to Whipsnade Zoo when I was little, it brought back some great memories.
Have a great week.
Von #33

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the sound of busy bees, really quite comforting to an english gardener! Gosh Whipsnade brings back memories..your Lo is lovely, love the film strip frames.

Gibby Frogett said...

Hi Heather, fabulous photos and beautiful layout. Lavender looking good - wonder do you cook with it too? had it once in some cookie type things - probably not to all tastes, a bit unusual but not too bad xx

Lynda Norton said...

Love your photo's, of course your bear page is my fave.

good luck with the lavender bag, the frost finished off my lavender last year, I tried to grow some in pots - love lavender but the aroma does not like me so much sadly.

Lynda #82

April Story said...

Those are such beautiful pictures of your buzzies. :-) And I love the quote A Beary Cool Dip - very clever.
April #122

Neet said...

Thats a great LO you have done. Lavender made me smile. I bought some fabric in Beamish and the lady asked if I liked lavender. When I said "yes"she put a little in the bag to make the fabric smell nice. I forgot and took it out! Little lavender bits all over the guest house floor! Picking it all up was a nightmare.
Hugs, Neet xx 50

Mistys Mum said...

What beautiful photos of the butterfly & bee, & that lovely lavender.
Thank you for visiting my desk too. #102

Natasha said...

Great to see the lavender is so popular! Lovely photos.