Links to Pages on the Blog

Wednesday, 24 July 2013

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 216

Welcome if you are visiting here via Stamping Ground Blogspot 
If you wish to find out more about WOYWW hosted by Julia x
please check them out and join in the fun.

Hi Everyone it has been a few weeks since my last WOYWW post and hope this one finds you all well. We have been busy with many things, gardening and some DIY - refreshing  paintwork. Visiting and helping family members etc. I celebrated my 43rd Birthday and went out for a meal and a little trip to Hobbycraft x So now have some new glitters, material, buttons and plenty of adhesive for some new projects. It has certainly been warm so hand crafting a little less at the moment, mostly digital and a few handmade things for friends and family. I made a simple little beaded bracelet, card and matching gift wrap for my friend Michelle so here's the photos, now she has received it...
Artwork on card with credit to Fizzy Moon - With Friends Digi kit. Printed, matted and layered onto card, made a bow and then printed onto paper for the gift wrap to match. 
 On the Digital front have been trying lots of different styles and experimenting. I am a real fan of the threshold effect. This page was created using that on the image and a kit called Feel Artsy by NBK Designs. 
 Hope you are all having a Great Summer, cool drinks and maybe a few G&T's or your favourite tipple when time permits to stay cool  - Have a Great week Heather x



16 comments:

Cazzy said...

Hi Heather and Happy WOYWW!

Thanks for visiting, yes the pancakes were scrummy, made with rice flour, and the Greek yogurt was fat free.

I have more eggs so I must make that again soon, maybe tomorrow!

Happy belated birthday, did I say it before?

Pretty bracelet and card, and your digital art work is very interesting.

Cazzy x

BJ said...

Pretty bracelet and lovely card. Super black and white digi page too. Thanks for visiting me already BJ#71

Regina Hamilton said...

The bracelet and card are beautiful. happy crafting #11

Claire said...

love your bracelet, heather, esp. the size gradations!
love the b&w digi print - looks like a 70s motown soul album cover!
happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
no. 60

House of Bears said...

Oh what a lovely bracelet and card, and digi project too. Thanks for visiting us already today, :)

Hammers said...

Hope you had a great birthday Heather. Love the bracelet, I like making button brooches...I like to make easy things that don't involve beads, as my FurChildren steal beads... Thanks for swinging by my blog earlier. Cx #60

Neet said...

Oh, I love that effect - wish I was a bit more digital and could do things like this.
Hugs and Thanks for visiting me earlier - Neet 44 xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Nice pearly bracelet Heather, bet your friend loved it. Cheers, keep cool RobynO #113

Danie May said...

Such a beautiful bracelet Heather and I am loving the look of your digital piece. Happy WOYWW! Danie #72

Bridget Larsen said...

Thats a beautiful bracelet, I love how you've used different sizes
Bridget #23

Ria Gall said...

Hi Heather
boy have you been busy, the bracelet is so pretty and I am sure it will be something your friend will be proud to wear, so lovely.
Your black and white digital image is amazing it has me looking at it time and time again so stunning
Sending hugs on WOYWW and hope you have a great week
Ria #44

Laura said...

Hi, Heather, thanks for your visit. :) I'm sure your friend will be pleased with her pretty new bracelet -- I agree with Claire that the variation in the sizes of the beads adds such a nice touch. I never think to use digital images to make a hybrid card -- good idea. Happy WOYWW! ~ Laura #101

Shoshi said...

Beautiful digital art, Heather - really striking in black and white, and what a pretty bracelet and card. She will be delighted with that.

Many thanks for your visit and your lovely comment. Glad you're enjoying the photos of our new house - my new bathroom suite is beautiful and I can't wait to start using it! It is tremendous fun watching the whole project taking shape, as you say, and each time we go, more has been done.

I am NOT enjoying the heat - too much to bear!!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #112

Gibby Frogett said...

Fab post Heather - I bet your friend loved her beautiful bracelet and card. must agree threshold effect is brilliant and love your fantastic layout. have a great weekend xxx

Natasha said...

There is nothing nicer than receiving a handmade card and gift, a lovely present for your friend and a great card :)

Julia Dunnit said...

i have no idea what the threshold effect is/means, but I like your digital art, my word, what impact.