Links to Pages on the Blog

Tuesday, 18 June 2013

My Entry for Challenge 31 - Maps (cartography) at Artful Times

Hi Everyone this is my entry for the Maps challenge at Artful Times. You can find out more about what happens there and see the Beautiful examples and entries for inspiration by clicking here


My  framed project combines both Digital and Handmade crafting. I found a Vintage map online which I printed out first and distress inked, then crumpled up and arranged it to look old and creased. The car silhouette image was initially created in CAP2 software, by importing the map as a picture and using a stencil to get the car shape. Then printed and mounted onto card, which I cut out and also used distress inks to age it. I used a combination of Tim Holtz inks including, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain. The background I created using images from two kits called Indian Dreams and Pin Up Sweethearts from Daisytrail. Lots of blending and effects for this. I wanted to portray a journey the lady might go on.  I then mounted and arranged everything to get a 3D look to complete before framing.






5 comments:

Gibby Frogett said...

What a fabulous project Heather - Love the way you have aged it - great theme.. Gill x

Gia Lau said...

Heather I love your fusion of digital with paper -really neat! Thanks for sharing!

Natasha said...

Great project :)

sam21ski said...

Ooooh lovely

Thanks for playing along with AT this week - Sam xxx

Von said...

Nicely done Heather :)
Von ☺