Links to Pages on the Blog

Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Altered Pages challenge #9 Shoes

Hi Everyone, this is my entry for a Beautiful challenge at Altered Pages entitled 'Shoes'. Well I will be honest and say that I do Love them and have a few pairs. Ones I can walk in and ones that look great but I prefer to look at than go out in!  Anyway I digress, I thought it would be nice to make a little Vintage style hanging that I could pop in my bedroom, something really pretty and girly with a hint of shabby/altered Vintage style. I used a Digital kit called 'Not Too Shabby' by G&T Designs for the images some of the paper and shoes.
Arranged the images, word art and blended before printing.  From Altered Pages I used some 6 x 6 card, pearlised water colours and an ever so cute little crown from Leaky Shed that I painted and glittered. I cut out a piece of cardboard and distressed the edges with Vintage photo ink. Once dry painted on glitter gel for girly sparkle. Inked the edges of the 6x6 paper and then glued on. Cut out the shoes and imaged paper arranged and then attached the little crown. On the reverse side added a ribbon loop. I also printed a little double sided insert for a key ring that matches the theme x
If you would like to find out more about the ...
fun challenges, rules and prizes at Altered Pages then click here 


4 comments:

Jean M said...

so beautiful! THANKS for sharing!

Daniella said...

Heather! This is stunning! HaveI told you how much I admire your work? Te fact that you do digital amazes me(i think i say that every time :) )!
You really did make a gorgeous piece that you will actually use! I say that because I often wonder what to do with some things after I make them!
Totally awesome! Thanks for playing with us!!
xxDaniella

Heather Alger said...

Thanks Daniella, I have been thinking a lot lately about what to make that can be used/useful such as wall hangings and pictures, boxes for gifts, pen pots etc... Ps am loving the Altered Pages challenges and all the ideas on their blog xx

Danie May said...

This is just gorgeous Heather and I am sure this will take pride and place as part of your bedroom decor. Thanks so much for joining us at Altered Pages Challenges.
Danie xx