Links to Pages on the Blog

Wednesday, 24 April 2013

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 203


Welcome if you are visiting here via Stamping Ground Blogspot
If you wish to find out more about WOYWW hosted by Julia x 
please check them out and join in the fun.


Happy Earth Day for yesterday, I am sure the birds were singing louder than usual. The sun shone and it was a Glorious day, hoping today will be just as beautiful for everyone. I had a wonderful package arrive from the Postman with charms created by, Neet, Von, Sandra, Janet & Chrissie who all participated in the Artful times charm challenge and swap. This was my first swap and I wanted to say a Big Thank you as they are Gorgeous xx (I shall treasure them). My crafty week included making a handmade project including a little stenciling using a die cut frame as my stencil and distress inks Some stamping and lots of fiddly ribbon tying to make a Dream book cover.
Digital Hybrid Play
Yesterday I was having an experiment with a printable template in Craft Artist 2. It is the first time I have tried this template so photographed the stages as I was working. Just used a plain paper, but now I have the hang of it, will be able to make pretty paper bags. Thought I would share the Visual steps x
This is Jordan my Stepson and Poppy our Mad Mischievous Spaniel! She is partial to the post, socks and loves cuddles and tummy tickles. 
There is a Lovely Bird challenge at Altered Pages that I am working on and a few other secret projects on the go too. Have a Great week everyone and Happy WOYWW & blog hopping Heather x




20 comments:

Joynana said...

Hi Heather, your desk is a very busy place. I am so glad to be back. Love the cover of your book. #75

Janene McAnally said...

Hi Heather, your book cover looks BEAUTIFUL!! Love the ribbons down the spine. You have a very handsome stepson and is that a scrapbook layout or just bits and pieces together, because I love the colour scheme :-). Have a great day and happy WOYWW.
Janene #47

Heather Alger said...

Hi Janene,
Its a Digital layout using The Nifty Designers kit called Positive Metal Health (collab) with additional elements and papers from Julie Mead Designs and my add on to create it.
All mixed up together and I made some changes to it to get the colour.
This was in Craft Artist 2. Although I have PSE10 as well and work with both the software's for different things.

BJ said...

Love your Dream Book cover BJ#31

Neet said...

Is Poppy (what a beautiful name) a Cavalier King Charles? The love of my life was one and I still miss him 20 years on almost.
Glad you enjoyed your swaps - hopefully there will be more coming up some time.
Thanks for visiting me earlier - Hugs, Neet xx 4

House of Bears said...

What a lovely book cover. Isn't it great to get crafty swaps too?

Thanks for your earlier visit to the bears. :)

Craftychris said...

Your book cover is gorgeous and your page is fabulous! You have been busy! xx

Almo said...

Hi Heather, I love your scrapbook page, lovely colour scheme and Poppy has that look on her face like I AM the boss. Thanks for your visit earlier. Hugs Mo x #29

Gibby Frogett said...

Hi Heather, so many gorgeous things to see. Your Dream book is fabulous, love the colours. Great template - but what is going into that bag now? biscuits or sweets??
Love your digi-scrap page too. Gill xxx

Ria Gall said...

I looooove your dream book it really is stunning. I like the look of your other project as well great photo
Happy WOYWW #203 and thank you for sharing your desk with us today
Ria #60

Shaz Brooks said...

I adore the dream book, and the page of your stepson& spaniel is gorgeous!Have a great week, Hugs Shaz #114

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Heather - I always look forward to visiting you on a Wednesday you always have something beautiful on the go. Love your dream book the fiddly ribbon was worth the effort. Have a great week MMx #44

Jackie said...

What a nice cover you have done
Earth day is not known about in the uk much you seem to be more aware than most
Jackie 25

Karen Ives said...

Templates in CA2 are good I have used some of the shaped boxes for gifts.
Karen #64

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That's such a lovely photo of Jordan and the dog! You've made a good job of incorporating it into the LO.
And how lovely that you got some nice post too..it's fun swapping stuff, isn't it?
Hugs, LLJ 22 xx

Karen said...

Gorgeous book cover, so beautiful. Earth day sounds wonderful. Happy WOYWW. Karen 129 x

Daniella said...

Lovely Dream book cover!! You will fill it with beautiful things!! Your ability to do digital work is amazing to me!! It looks so real!! I can hardly edit my pictures, nevermind make something so lovely!!
I also love your blog design! The rolled paper flowers are one of my favorite things to make, and the book paper fairy is adorable!! I couldn't even think about having the time to change my blog. I've had it for a little over 2 years and I paid someone to make it for me!! That is how bad I am :(
I will let Jean know about the AP shout out!! And, I am going to add you to my blog list because I love visiting you. You inspire me!!
xxDaniella#97

Julia Dunnit said...

Love the cover - that fiddly tying paid off handsomely indeed! The photo really leaps off the page and that is something that I really like, great LO.

Eliza said...

Your dream book cover is just perfect and those charms at the bottom are beautiful, it's always nice when swaps work out great, I've had some shockers over the years.

Happy WOYWW
Eliza & Yoda 102

fairy thoughts said...

love your book cover some lovely inking and colours. Have a good week
janet #23