Links to Pages on the Blog

Thursday, 18 April 2013

Challenge 27 - Artful Times

Challenge 27 at Artful Times is all about stencils and/or masks, there are some Gorgeous examples and entries to see. If you would  like to pop over and visit Von and Neets Gorgeous blog click to find out more 

Here is my entry - I created a Dream Book cover 
I used a Spellbinders diecut as a stencil which I laid over plain textured card. Using Distress Inks in a range of colours, mustard yellow, blues and browns I built up colour by blending over this. I also added some cosmic shimmer, dried and then removed my stencil. Blended a little walnut stain lightly over the top.
Once dry, stamped with some fairytale stamps from the card making in easy steps magazine. I found some letters I had in my crafty box for the Dream title  and the bookplate is cut using a Tim Holtz die inked and finished with little gems glued on, finally golden ribbon hand tied to edge for interest.

  Building up colour with Tim Holtz distress inks  x




4 comments:

Von said...

A good idea to used die cuts Heather :) the book cover and thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
Von ♥

lena-dailyscrap said...

Great idea - looking very nice!

chrissies said...

A really beautiful book cover

love chrissie xx

Neet said...

Nice to see diecuts being used - I love doing that and it certainly adds to a smaller collection of stencils.
What a beautiful book cover you have created, I hope you enjoy filling the book with things that give you as much joy as the cover has done to those who have viewed it.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet (sorry I am so late) xx