Links to Pages on the Blog

Sunday, 17 February 2013

Artful Times Challenge 23

Over at Artful Times there is a Great New challenge taking place...
If you get time pop over and see what it is all about.
Neet and Von showcased some Gorgeous Ideas.

I had a Really Lovely time creating this 
'Colour Block' Digital canvas for the challenge.
Hoping to squeeze in a handmade entry too this week.

So this is All About Colour, which I Love.
I made some quick shapes with black rounded edge corners.
Filled each one with colour and grouped to create the core block.
Behind those I placed a strip of black, to help the colours pop.
Then replicating the coloured shapes I removed the black line. 
Rotated them to create pattern and blended onto my background.
Made the word art and then added a  Butterfly graphic from Karen's Whimsey.






 

7 comments:

sandee said...

Nice little digital piece with lots of color pop! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Neet said...

You lost me in the description as I haven't a clue on digital art. You certainly created "colour" with this piece and I love the thinking you used behind it. A truly colourful entry for artful Times. hugs, Neet xx
Ps hope you do join us later this week with another

Gibby Frogett said...

Love the freshness of the colours and design Heather..Gill xxx

Von said...

Love the contrasting colour blocking :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von ☺

chrissies said...

Great digi work on this--love the vibrant colour palette

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Redanne said...

You are so clever to be able to do this! Love the colour blocking, it is so striking. Anne x

Sylv said...

Fantastic card, love the colouful blocks and the more subtle with the butterfly.

Sylv xx