Links to Pages on the Blog

Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Artful Times Challenge 22


Having joined in with my first WOYWW today...
 I spent some time blog visiting and came across Artfultimes blogspot 
Run by Neet and Von who host some great challenges to Inspire. 
If you get the chance to pay their blog a visit it has some wonderful projects.
I noticed that Challenge 22 is all about the Chinese New Year 
(The Year Of The Snake). 
This got me thinking as I had taken a photo of a snake at Whipsnade Zoo last summer and always wondered how I would use the photo? So for this project I chose to make a Digital Creative Scrapbook page using this as my centrepiece. Looking on the Internet I found a Chinese Dragon (royalty free) at clip artist.org I blended this with two materials to create the background using Craft Artist software. Added some relevant Information I researched, typing up and arranging on the page. I then saved the first page as a jpeg and layered this onto another material and frame for depth.


*The challenge runs until Thursday next week* 



 

7 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your almost monochromatic design is very effective, since you're featuring that great snake shot. Blessings!

Gibby Frogett said...

Fabulous photo and page, love the colour. Good luck. Gill xxx

Von said...

It's beautifully done :)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
Von ☺

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is lovely!

Neet said...

First of all may I say a big Thank You for the plug for our challenge blog, Artful Times.
Secondly may I say what a stunning layout you have created and what an ingenious piece of thinking lay behind it. I am well impressed.

Love the colour, love the layout - in short - love it!
Hugs, Neet xx

Sylv said...

Just love your page, the vibrant colours and the dragons. A super photo of the snake.

Sylv x

lena-dailyscrap said...

Beautiful! Love your snake! ...AND the colour of course.